Divorced or soon-to-be-divorced Texas parents face many challenges when raising their kids in separate households. Many spend too much time and energy stewing and arguing over missed payments, child drop-offs or pickups and other parenting issues.
A co-parenting arrangement can be even more challenging when mom and dad don’t get along. If this describes your relationship, modern technology may have a good option for you and your ex through a parenting app that can help create a more harmonious environment.
TalkingParents can help reduce conflicts
While several options exist for co-parenting apps, TalkingParents is most popular among parents with a history of conflict. The app keeps all co-parenting records in one place. The main features include:
- Accountable calling: Phone calls – made through the app – are recorded, transcribed and timestamped.
- Accountable payments: Child support and all other parenting expenses are documented.
- Secure messaging: Create and send messages to the other parent and upload attachments if necessary. These timestamped conversations cannot be erased.
- Shared calendar: Both parents can schedule and update extra-curricular activities, appointments, timesharing schedules and other events.
- Unalterable records: You can receive a complete PDF record of all communications and events, which can be easily shared with an attorney or mediator.
Other features include a personal journal and The Vault – a storage space for pictures, videos and other files. These messages can also be sent to a third party, such as your attorney, via email.
Creating a peaceful parenting relationship
TalkingParents offers a free version, a standard monthly rate of $5.99 or a premium plan for $19.99 per month. Depending upon your situation, this app can help reduce angry confrontations and keep you out of court.
It also provides you with complete documentation of phone calls, messages, parenting schedules and other communications with your ex-spouse to share with your attorney and take before a judge if necessary.